19 June 2009

Cars Quilt Crashed- Repairs Complete

Here is the quilt top staged up. I wanted to get the wheels more even and should have just left it alone. Too Late now, damage is done :( ....So Just put em in the shop and fix em up. :)



Flat Tires - BEFORE



AFTER!
I am soooo glad I decided to repair the wheels im 100% happier with the outcome. I trimmed down the edge of original wheels and cut the back off then turned it and sewed to the back. Then i added steam a seam to get it back onto the black wheel. They now have a more dimensional look than before.
.


Oh and my newly found secret to cutting a perfect 12" circle. I had struggled with just a cut template because my rotary blade would cut into the template soooo, while in the cake isle at Joanns it hit me.

Turn this upside down and it works like a charm, the ridges help keep it steady
& it was less than $5

No comments: