26 April 2010

Throw Me A Curve Mystery Solved

I came up with this design on my own using blocks from the mystery. Every person in class had to design their own so no 2 were alike. However I was voted by Mark Lipinski to have the ugliest fabric in class.  (ok ok, I am mistaken, see comments below from Mark :)  )


Class is over and overall the week was beyond fun. 2 days of class, learned new things, Laughed a lot, cried a little....attended an insanely funny lecture and an interesting Guild live auction later and I survived.

I was really happy to learn to to sew curves with absolutely no pins, and I took a lot away from the class that will stay with me. Some good, some bad. This class was definitely out of my comfort zone for quilting, and I think I top the list for nearly most embarrassing question asked of me by Mark...lol I pushed myself in class to create something from nothing which I had never done before. After the class was over I had a quilt top design I was satisfied with.
At the end of the 2nd day there was prizes for best design, etc. and then the shocker, the prize for ugliest fabric and I got to be the not so lucky recipient. I should clarify, I think it was that I did a surprisingly good job with the ugliest fabric and was able to pull it off or something like that. My heart sank right after hearing I had the ugliest fabric and beyond that I honestly cant recall what else was said. I wasnt totally satisfied with my fabric choices to begin with but I didn't think they were totally ugly. Maybe I am just not meant to pick out fabrics.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, Nellie! Let's be clear. You DID NOT get the booby prize for the 'ugliest fabrics." You got the prize for the person with the worst combo of fabrics who actually made them work! It was a compliment to your skill not a judgement on your fabrics ( well almost not! LOL) Anyway, you got some fabulous Aurifil Thread as a reward. For Aurifil, you could call my stuff anything you want -- just hand over the spools! LOL Loved spending time with you, Jennifer! xoxom